As per Section 2(j) of the Right to Information Act, 2005, right to information means the right to information accessible under this Act which is held by or under the control of any public authority and includes the right to
(i) inspection of work, documents, records;
(ii) taking notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records;/p>
(iii) taking certified samples of material;
(iv) obtaining information in the form of diskettes, floppies, tapes,video cassettes or in any other electronic mode or through print outs where such information is stored in a computer or in any other device.
As per Section 6 of the Right to Information Act, 2005, (1) a person who desires to obtain any information under this Act, shall make a request in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area in which the application is being made, accompanying such fee as may be prescribed, to
(a) the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, of the concerned public authority;
(b) the Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, specifying the particulars of the information sought by him or her:
Provided that where such request cannot be made in writing, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall render all reasonable assistance to the person making the request orally to reduce the same in writing.
(1) An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him.
(2) Where an application is made to a public authority requesting for an information,
(a) which is held by another public authority; or
(b) the subject matter of which is more closely connected with the functions of another public authority, the public authority, to which such application is made, shall transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer:
Provided that the transfer of an application pursuant to this sub-section shall be made as soon as practicable but in no case later than five days from the date of receipt of the application.
The Central Assistant Public Information Officer /
The Central Public Information Officer ( Delete whichever is not applicable)
Office of the Chief Commissioner of Customs (Preventive),
'B' Wing, First Floor, No.1, Williams Road, Cantonment,
Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu. PIN 620 001.
Sub: Application for seeking Information u/s 6 of the Right ToInformation Act, 2005 and payment of prescribed fees reg. I seek the following information under Section 6 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 and the details of the payment of prescribed fees are given below:
1. Mode of payment: Cash/DD/Banker cheque/IPO
2. Details of DD/Bankers cheque/IPO Challan No. & Date:
3. Amount paid(evidence enclosed):
4. Name and Address of theapplicant or the address to whichinformation is to be sent:
5. Phone Number:
6. E Mail Address:
7. Details of Information sought(please annexe extra page if space below is inadequate). :
SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT
(The applicant has to pay the prescribed fees through a TR-6 challan under Miscellaneous Heading, at the RTI Section, O/o the Chief Commissioner of Customs (Preventive),1st Floor, No.1, Williams Road, Cantonment,Tiruchirapalli – 620 001.The amount can be paid by way of cash or by draft/banker cheque drawn in favour of CPIO A/c, Chief Commissioner of Customs (Preventive), Tiruchirapalli.)
For Fee and Cost for Information sought / the text of The Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 are reproduced below:
(1) Short title and commencement –:
(a) These rules may be called the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost)Rules, 2005.
(b) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(2) Definition - In the rules, unless the context otherwise requires, -
(a) 'Act' means the Right to Information Act, 2005;
(b) 'section' means section of the Act;
(c) all other words and expression used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Act
(3) A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or banker's cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority.
(4) For providing the information under sub-section (1) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at following rates:
(a) rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
(b) actual charge or cost price of a copy in large size paper;
(c) actual cost or price for samples or models; and
(d) for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee or rupees five for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
(5) For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at following rates:
(a) for information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
(b) for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
No:1 Williams Road Cantonment Trichy 620021 Tamilnadu
© trichycustomszone.gov.in. All Rights Reserved.